Civic Nebraska is again joining with Lincoln organizations to get out the vote – and to bring plain pavement to full-color life with the popular Civic Sidewalk Series.
Civic Sidewalk Series: Local, Elections, Art! will take place at a number of locations in Lincoln starting Monday, April 12, and then finish with a live art event in Omaha on Saturday, April 17. Local artists will spray-chalk motivational messages about voting, and Civic Nebraska and partners will provide voter education, registration, and help for voters in making plans to vote in the May 4 (Lincoln) and May 11 (Omaha) city elections.
The South of Downtown Community Development Organization launched the Civic Sidewalk Series last fall in Lincoln during the run-up to the Nov. 3 election. Partners in the project included the LUX Center for the Arts and Adria Does Design.
The enthusiasm for the venture, combined with a record-setting April 6 primary vote in Lincoln and in Omaha, prompted the South of Downtown CDO to bring the project back for Lincoln city elections this spring, and finish by extending it into Omaha on April 17.
- Monday, April 12 – 13th and F streets, outside of F Street Community Center and El Chaparro, Lincoln, 3:30-6 pm
- Tuesday, April 13 – Matt Talbot Kitchen and Outreach, 2121 N. 27th St., Lincoln, 3:30-6 pm
- Wednesday, April 14 – Lux Center for the Arts, 2601 N. 48th St., Lincoln, 3:30-6 pm
- Thursday, April 15– Russ’s Market, 17th and Washington streets, Lincoln, 3:30-6 pm
- Friday, April 16 – 11th and G streets, Outside of Guerrero’s Grocery, Lincoln, 3:30-6 pm
- Saturday, April 17 – 2928 Ames Ave., near Scooters Coffee, Omaha, 10 am-2 pm
Utilizing art is a special opportunity for our communities to engage with one another. Voting is very important and we want to ensure every Lincolnite and Omahan has the opportunity to participate in their municipal general election.