Website Civic Nebraska
Creating a more modern and robust democracy for all Nebraskans.
The Community Learning Center programs allow students to expand their knowledge in selected areas through hands-on enrichment opportunities in an outside-of-school environment. Qualified staff must have the ability to work during before and after school hours.
Assistant school community coordinators support services that lead to improved student learning and development, stronger families, and healthy neighborhoods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an advocate for youth, families and neighborhood residents.
- Partner with the School Community Coordinator to plan, schedule and direct daily routines, activities, and operations of the site.
- Support relationships and partnerships with Community-Based Organizations (CBO), Lincoln Public Schools (LPS) personnel, and neighborhood residents that support the goals of the program.
- Coordinate with the school community coordinator to attend school team meetings, PTO/PTA meetings, LPS meetings, and any administration meetings.
- Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct and communicates effectively with youth, staff, community partners, and parents.
- Participates as a member of the CLC team in promoting and implementing the mission of the program.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record in relationship building,
- Strong communication, including verbal and written communication,
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, handle confidential information, and be adaptable,
- High school diploma or GED,
- Proficiency with Google Suite and virtual meeting management
- Knowledge of youth development, proven skills in building relationships with students and families; interpreting and implementing lesson plans, and data collection/reporting.
Compensation and Hours
Assistants work a range of 3 – 7 hours per day, averaging 20 hours per week. The rate of compensation starts at $14 per hour upwards based on experience.
Send a cover letter and resume to Trey Sterner, School Community Coordinator, Campbell Elementary, at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org