Website Civic Nebraska
Creating a more modern and robust democracy for all Nebraskans.
Staff members will support services that lead to improved student learning and development, strong leadership skills, and healthy neighborhoods.
Club programming allows students to expand their knowledge in civic health through hands-on enrichment opportunities in an outside-of-school environment. Qualified staff must have the ability to work during after-school hours.
Students will gain exposure to community service projects that support learning standards as well as critical thinking, civil discourse and civic leadership skills. Club leaders will facilitate mentorship opportunities between local leaders and young adults, thus exposing students to new people, places and ideas. Finally, students will learn about different types of media and government systems. Students will create their own art, podcasts, and news stories to better cement their learning and share it with their communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates, executes, and supervises club activities in a hands-on learning environment.
- Supports, models, and promotes healthy eating, and utilizes safe and healthy practices in the CLC environment. Follows all practices and procedures for safe and healthy classrooms.
- Creates an enriching learning environment with an array of opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct and communicates effectively with youth, staff, community partners, and parents.
- Participates as a member of the outside of school clubs team in promoting and implementing the mission of the program.
- Reports on attendance and outcomes data daily.
- Other responsibilities as assigned, and depending on skill set and program requirements.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of youth development, proven skills in building relationships with students and families; interpreting and implementing lesson plans, and data collection/reporting.
Compensation and Hours
The rate of compensation starts at $22.50 per hour with up to 14 hours per week.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Civic Nebraska has a policy prohibiting discrimination against employees, directors or officers on account of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or national origin. In addition, Civic Nebraska strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org