Website Civic Nebraska
Creating a more modern and robust democracy for all Nebraskans.
As our director of development, you are responsible for all of our vital revenue streams, which allow us to achieve our mission and maximize our impact across the state. You plan and organize fundraising activities, manage the development budget and assemble team members to raise funds. This position is located at Civic Nebraska headquarters in Lincoln, Nebraska, reports to the executive director, and directly supervises the special events coordinator/grant writer.
As our designer of development strategies, you get to
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization.
- Develop and execute the annual fundraising plan to support a $3,500,000 annual budget.
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty.
- Report on fundraising progress to senior management and the board.
- Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses along with our accounting team and the director of operations.
- Track reporting requirements and work with staff to submit reports to funders.
- Manage the grant portfolio, including active, retired, and prospective grants.
- Work closely with our director of communications to ensure consistent messaging.
As our organizer of development activities, you get to
- Maintain long-term relationships with existing donors.
- Assist with the writing of grants in partnership with program staff.
- Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors.
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth-screening tools.
- Administer signature fundraising and donor stewardship events.
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations.
- Recruit, train, and support key volunteers to assist in advancement efforts.
- Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization and equip team members to reach them.
- Build relationships with our staff and help align their programmatic goals with grant and donor opportunities.
- Devise strategies to ensure growth and sustainability of programs while helping analyze the administrative cost of new programs.
- Help develop the annual budget and adjustments based on revenue.
This job might be for you if
- You have 5 years of experience in nonprofit development, you dream of transforming good organizations into great ones, and you know how to actualize your aspirations.
- You are an enthusiastic leader capable of working with diverse teams to reach a common goal. Initiating and completing projects is right up your alley. You know how to make timely, effective, and ethical decisions. You embody the innovative spirit. You’re a self-starter who crafts creative solutions and opens doors to new donor relationships.
- You actively and constantly listen to all constituents, focus especially on donor needs and know how to identify mutual benefits. You communicate excellently and compel audiences through writing and speaking.
Salary & Benefits
This position will earn a salary ranging from $65,000 upward, dependent upon skills and experience. Benefit options include medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage. Position includes unlimited paid time off and a 401K option after one year of employment. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Send a cover letter, résumé, and a list of three references to Nicholette Seigfreid at email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 22, 2021.
Civic Nebraska has a policy prohibiting discrimination against employees, directors or officers on account of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or national origin. In addition, Civic Nebraska strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org