Website Civic Nebraska
Creating a more modern and robust democracy for all Nebraskans.
The Civic Nebraska Voting Rights team is leading a statewide Get Out The Vote program for the 2022 Elections. The 2022 GOTV program aims to increase voter participation in the elections, provide voter education on election processes, and reaffirm voters’ confidence in our election systems.
Under the direct supervision of the Voting Rights Field Manager, canvassers will be responsible for carrying out a robust voter education campaign for Nebraska’s statewide “Get Out the Vote” efforts for the 2022 Elections. Canvassing positions will begin on a rolling basis and end November 2022.
As a canvasser you’ll get to
- Canvas via phone calls, text messages, and door to door
- Enter data while conducting calls and navigate online programs
- Ensure quality voter education through the use of scripts, data review, and frequent check-in meetings
- Register voters when appropriate with training provided
- Represent Civic Nebraska at a high-quality level of spoken and written communications
This position might be for you if you are
- Experienced in canvassing or other interaction-based work
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to follow verbal instructions
- Collaborative and able to work with a team to achieve goals
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply, but additional language skills not required
Compensation & Hours:
Canvassers will work 15 to 25 hours a week, earning $15/hour. This is a non-exempt, temporary, part-time position.
Send a cover letter and résumé to Heather Engdahl, Director of Voting Rights at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Civic Nebraska has a policy prohibiting discrimination against employees, directors, or officers on account race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or national origin. In addition, Civic Nebraska strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com