Website Civic Nebraska
Creating a more modern and robust democracy for all Nebraskans.
The Community Learning Center programs allow students to expand their knowledge in selected areas through hands-on enrichment opportunities in an outside-of-school environment. Qualified staff must have the ability to work during after school hours.
Program Specialists support services that lead to improved student learning and development, stronger families, and healthy neighborhoods.
As the coordinator of administrative tasks, you get to
- Serve as an advocate for youth, families and neighborhood residents.
- Partner with the site director to plan, schedule and direct daily routines, activities, and operations of the site.
- Support relationships and partnerships with Community-Based Organizations (CBO), Omaha Public Schools (OPS) personnel, and neighborhood residents that support the goals of the program.
- Coordinate with the Site Director to attend meetings and trainings with the school team, PTO/PTA, OPS, and Civic Nebraska.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical conduct and communicate effectively with youth, staff, community partners, and parents.
As the coordinator of our mission aligned programming, you get to
- Encourage mission aligned activities and present opportunities to the staff and site director utilizing the curated curriculum.
- Monitor and record mission aligned activities; submitting a quarterly report to the site director.
- Participate as a member of the CLC team in promoting and implementing the mission of the program.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record in relationship building,
- Strong communication, including verbal and written communication,
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, handle confidential information, and be adaptable,
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Knowledge of youth development, proven skills in building relationships with students and families; interpreting and implementing lesson plans, and data collection/reporting.
Compensation and Hours
Program Specialists typically work between 1 pm – 6 pm, Monday – Friday, with an average of 20 – 25 hours per week. The rate of compensation starts at $15.50 per hour upwards based on education and experience.
Send a cover letter and resume to Lena Wimes, Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Civic Nebraska has a policy prohibiting discrimination against employees, directors or officers on account of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or national origin. In addition, Civic Nebraska strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com