Website Civic Nebraska
Creating a more modern and robust democracy for all Nebraskans.
The part-time videographer/photographer will support Civic Nebraska’s communications efforts by shooting, editing, and publishing videos and photos for use on a variety of digital and analog platforms. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Communications, the Videographer/Photographer will work across our various programs to help tell our stories to supporters, donors, and the general public.
As our videographer/photographer you will get to:
- Create and develop multimedia (audio/video/still image) content for Civic Nebraska stories, internal company announcement videos, external promotional social videos, marketing videos, recruiting videos, training and other organization-wide projects.
- Script, storyboard, budget, allocate resources, set deadlines and select optimal forms of media for projects.
- Work independently, as well as part of a team, to establish project deliverables.
- Collaborate closely with internal staff and external stakeholders in creation of multimedia content.
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations.
- Develop production schedules with Communications Director.
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media.
- Manage video library.
- Evaluate analytics.
This job might be for you if you have the following:
- Familiarity with professional cameras, camcorders, various HD and SD formats, pre-production/planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip and photography.
- Post-production digital video editing, still and motion graphics design, and video compression for multiple delivery platforms. Familiarity with video-editing software such as Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, the ability to thrive in a team environment are a plus.
Compensation and Hours
This position will work 12-16 hours a week, earning $17.50 an hour. This is a non-exempt part-time position. Scheduling is flexible, with occasional late-afternoon (3 pm-6 pm) hours.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. Send a cover letter, resume, and at least one link to a relevant work sample to Alyssa Hogue, People and Culture Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the position can be directed to Steve Smith, Director of Communications, at email@example.com.
Civic Nebraska has a policy prohibiting discrimination against employees, directors or officers on account of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or national origin. In addition, Civic Nebraska strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org