Website Civic Nebraska
Creating a more modern and robust democracy for all Nebraskans.
The Civic Nebraska Voting Rights team is leading a Get Out The Vote program for the 2024 Presidential Elections. The GOTV program motivates voters to participate in elections, provides voter education on election processes, and reaffirms voters’ confidence in our election systems.
Under the direct supervision of the Voting Rights Organizing Coordinator, canvassers will be responsible for carrying out a robust voter education campaign for Get Out the Vote efforts for the 2024 Presidential Election in Omaha and Lincoln neighborhoods. Canvassing positions will begin February 2024 through November 2024.
As a canvasser you’ll get to
- Canvas via door to door and phone calls
- Enter data while conducting calls and navigate online programs
- Ensure quality voter education through the use of scripts, data review, and frequent check-in meetings
- Provide voter registration forms when appropriate with training provided
- Represent Civic Nebraska at a high-quality level of spoken and written communications
This position might be for you if you are
- Experienced in canvassing or other interaction-based work
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to follow verbal instructions
- Collaborative and able to work with a team to achieve goals
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply, but additional language skills not required
Compensation & Hours:
Canvassers will work 15 to 25 hours a week, earning $25/hour. This is a non-exempt, temporary, part-time position. This position runs from February 2024 – November 2024.
Send a cover letter and resume to Alyssa Hogue, People and Culture Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Civic Nebraska has a policy prohibiting discrimination against employees, directors, or officers on account race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or national origin. In addition, Civic Nebraska strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com