Unless you’re ready to shell out for overnight shipping, there is no guarantee your ballot will arrive to the election office by the deadline. Your mail ballot must be received by the Election Commissioner’s office by Tuesday, November 8th – so your best bet is to hand-deliver it.
You can deliver your ballot to your county election office during normal business hours or you can deposit your ballot at a drop-box. We’ve included the locations for the major counties below, but you can check with your county election official for drop-box locations in your area.
Counties with Drop-Boxes outside their office:
Hall – Hall County Admin Bldg. (Sycamore side) 121 Pine Street, Grand Island NE
Lancaster – 601 N. 46th Street, Lincoln NE
Sarpy – 510 Olson Drive, Suite 4, Papillion NE (look for the big eagle!)
Douglas County – 9 Drop Box Locations
- Douglas County Election Commission, 225 N. 115th Street
- Downtown: City/County Bldg. 1819 Farnam Street
- North Omaha: Washington Branch Library, 2868 Ames Avenue
- South Omaha: South Omaha Library, 2808 Q Street
- Ralston: Ralston Police Department, 7400 Main Street
- Millard: Millard Public Schools Foundation, 5225 S. 159th Avenue
- Northwest Omaha: Abrahams Branch Library, 5111 N. 90th Street
- West Omaha: Douglas County Engineer’s Office, 15505 W Maple Road
- Elkhorn: Bess Johnson Elkhorn Branch Library, 2100 Reading Plaza