Hey voters! This post is all things Lincoln and Omaha city elections! First things first, make sure your registration is up to date by checking it here. IMPORTANT: While both cities had their primaries on the same day, the general elections are different.
- Voter registration: By mail/online – April 14th; In-person at election office April 21st
- Vote by mail application: Must be received by April 21st (Mail or drop off at 601 N. 46th St. in Lincoln)
- Return mail ballot: Must return to election office by Election Day (May 2nd)(By mail or at drop box in front of office)
- Election Day: May 2nd
Omaha Dates & Deadlines:
- Voter registration: By mail/online – April 21th; In-person at election office April 28th
- Vote-by-mail application: Must be received by April 28th (Return by mail, at drop box, or email picture of application to email@example.com)
- Return Mail Ballot: Must be returned to election office by Election Day (May 9th). (By mail or at one of the drop boxes)
Remember–you have to re-register every time you move!
Prefer to vote on election day? Make sure you know your polling place!
Need more information? Omaha voters can check out City Council candidate forums on April 19th and 26th put on by Black Men United! You can also read the League of Women Voters voter guide, and find links to watch candidate forums on their website. Lincoln voters can check the Lincoln Journal Star candidate profiles for City Council, Airport Authority, and Board of Education.
If you run into any issues on election day, you can call Civic Nebraska’s Election Protection Hotline at (402) 904-5191. Happy voting!