HOW WE BUILD CIVIC HEALTH
CIVIC NEBRASKA strengthens our state’s civic fabric with training and programming for towns, cities, neighborhoods, and citizens. We support people to be connected, informed, and engaged in their communities and state. When we are more connected to one another and to institutions, we are better positioned to solve local problems.
A comprehensive approach
- GOVERNMENT IN ACTION DAYS, including Capitol Experience Days, bring government to life, helping Nebraskans understand their role in our political process.
- CIVIL DISCOURSE AND MEDIA LITERACY programs teach reasoning and conversation skills to speak across difference and find collaborative solutions.
- THE RURAL CIVIC ACTION PROJECT provides service learning experiences for students to enact change in their communities.
- COLLECTIVE IMPACT LINCOLN creates resident-led investment and positive change in Lincoln’s core neighborhoods.
- RURAL INITIATIVES pair experts and residents to create and maintain a healthy rural civic culture.
- CIVIC HEALTH WORKSHOPS introduce civic health as a concept and build skills for using it as a tool in community development.
Learn more about our civic health programs:
News and Updates
On Tuesday, the Public Religion Research Institute – a Washington, DC-based nonpartisan group...
Update your calendars: Civic Nebraska’s Civic Saturday has a home! This first-ever...
For more than two years, Collective Impact Lincoln’s Community Builder Workshops have lifted up...