Website Civic Nebraska
Creating a more modern and robust democracy for all Nebraskans.
Returning Citizens Project Fellows will support services by educating community members, particularly in those communities that are disproportionately impacted by mass incarceration, and will help ensure they know their rights and exercise them. From our extensive experience in community organizing and Get Out The Vote work we know that when Civic Nebraska staff and volunteers work with and activate community members they are more likely to vote, contact their elected representatives, and be more engaged in their community.
Our community education, re-enfranchisement, and restoration work will meet the people we are serving where they are, whether in correctional institutions or in communities disproportionately impacted by mass incarceration.
As a Returning Citizens Project Fellow you will get to
- Attend reentry fairs at state correctional facilities
- Coordinate in person and online education events discussing restoration and how to activate in Nebraska
- Direct voter registration of formerly incarcerated eligible voters
- Conduct door to door deep canvassing focused on the restoration of voting rights
- Utilize CivicNebraska.Vote to also reach out and provide information.
- Participate in workshops across the state hosted by leaders of communities disproportionately impacted by mass incarceration.
This position might be for you if you have the following experience and/or education
- Experience in grassroots community organizing, targeted field work, managing volunteers or the legislative process preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with online and electronic communications including VAN, MailChimp, social media platforms, and digital advertising.
- The ability to work with and coordinate diverse coalitions.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Bilingual language skills (preferred but not required).
Compensation and Hours
Position hours will range between 5-10 per week. The rate of compensation is $15.00 per hour. This is a non-exempt, temporary, part-time position.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Civic Nebraska has a policy prohibiting discrimination against employees, directors, or officers on account race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or national origin. In addition, Civic Nebraska strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com