On Feb. 20, 2024, Civic Nebraska Director of Public Policy Heidi Uhing testified in favor of LB1371, which would create new media literacy requirements for K-12 schools in Nebraska. Here is the text of her testimony as prepared.
1) Which state was the first to ratify the U.S. Constitution?
2) What is the significance of the case Marbury v. Madison (1803) in relation to the Constitution?
3) Which amendment to the Constitution granted women the right to vote?
4) How many times can a person be elected President of the United States, according to the 22nd Amendment?
5) Which part of the Constitution outlines the process for amending it?
6) Who was the President of the Constitutional Convention in 1787?
7) What does the “Supremacy Clause” in Article VI of the Constitution establish?
8) Which amendment to the Constitution guarantees the right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury?
9) In the event that the President of the United States cannot discharge their duties, which part of the Constitution outlines the line of presidential succession?
10) How many total amendments to the U.S. Constitution have been proposed and sent to the states for ratification (including those that have been ratified)?
To give youth their best shot at rising to their potential, we need to teach them how to communicate, providing them with hope and resilience.
As Sherman’s CLC site director, Nicole is an advocate for youth, families, and residents of Sherman’s northeast Omaha neighborhood.